We aim to provide the highest level of pastoral care for our pupils. Care is principally provided by the form teacher and the form teaching assistant. They are the main people of reference for the children. Our site is secure, and we ensure that children are always seen and overseen in the classroom and on the playing field.
The house system forms an additional layer of pastoral care and many facets of school life are based upon the houses, including the reward and sanctions system (credit and debit points) and various in-house sporting competitions. Children in Reception to Form 6 are placed in one of four houses: Clarke (yellow), Fytton (blue), Newton (green) or Pownall (red).
The Head of House oversees the weekly house meeting, with some responsibility for the running of the meeting being given to the Form 6 House Captain and Prefects. During house meetings:
- the children have opportunity to socialize with the house members from other year groups,
- credits and debits for the week are totalled,
- merit badges are collected in,
- stickers are given out for good behaviour and hard work during the week,
- any pastoral issues are addressed.